Birch is a short film from writer-director Paisley Valentine Walsh, starring newcomer Austin Horick, amongst a supporting cast of non-actors. The film was shot on location in central Vermont, USA.
Birch was captured on Super 16mm film and purchase was supported by Kodak Motion Picture. The film’s post-production, which was funded through a successful Kickstarter campaign, was completed in September 2018.
Writer/Director: Paisley Valentine Walsh / Producer: Zhannat Alshanova /
Cinematographer: Vincenzo Maranghino / Editor: Emanuele Bonomi / © The London Film School 2018
FESTIVALS AND AWARDS
- HAMPTONS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2019: Official Selection
- VERMONT IFF 2019: Award for "Film With the Best Sense of Place"
- ECNOUNTERS FILM FESTIVAL 2019: Official Selection
- HOLLYSHORTS FILM FESTIVAL 2019: Official Selection
- MANAKI BROTHERS 2018: Official Selection
- WINNER Emerging Cinematographer's Award BSC